Wednesday 17 July 2013

Just an update

Right, I have been absent so I figured it was time for an update. I will apologise now as I have the feeling this post will be one long rambling mess.

I realised this week that I forgot to come here and brag about my PB that I cracked the week before last. I have been trying to teach myself how to run as I am sure I have mentioned. Previous PB was running for 20 minutes and I think that was just over 3km. Well my new PB is 30min nonstop, in that time I ran 4.2km. Not far to go and I will have my 6km goal. Why 6km? Well last year when I was 22kg heavier than now and as unfit as I have ever been I signed up for the cotton on foundation run for the kids – Geelong. I had high hopes that I could get my ass into gear if I had an end goal and I would be able to run so I signed up for the 6km run. Well I think I ran for all of 200metres that day, I am determined that this November when run for the kids rolls around I WILL run the entire 6km! This has also made me realise I am THE FITTEST I have EVER been in my entire adult life.  Proud moment, I am achieving my goals :)

I slipped on the ab challenge, so I started again. Today is my new day 3, let’s see how far I get through this time before I forget to do it and come back to start again. Today was tough, I got my new programs from my trainer this week so every ab challenge has been on the back of my new workout. Tony has really upped the ante on my weight training, lots of things I have never done before and today my hands were hurting a lot so he suggested I go and buy some gloves! Oh dear things are starting to get serious, my hunt for guns means I am starting on some serious weights and need gloves to do it! I will be thanking myself in a few months when the new lean and fit me starts to take shape. This is not about becoming a professional weight lifter – I need to keep my curves, losing my curves is a deal breaker, I love my curves! I am just hoping to trim a few cm’s from my thighs and develop some nice arms that I am happy to show off in a singlet top come summer

This week I have also decided that I am not going to sign up for round 3 of 12WBT. I have barely looked at the program this round, I use my collection of recipes for the bulk of our meals and adapt other family favourite recipes, I plan my own meals and use MFP to track everything, I follow the training plan my trainer has developed for me at the gym, I have my own support network in my fabulous BIS girls & hubby, I rarely check in on the 12WBT forums & I haven’t been watching the mindset videos. So all this in mind I figure why spend $$ when I am not using the resources. If I find that I actually do need the support of the program then I will just jump on and resign for round 4.  My trainer has told me he is always there for any fitness or nutritional questions I have and my gorgeous girls are always there for me if I am having a bad day, need extra support or need to bounce some ideas. You know who you are and I love you to bits and pieces xx

So that’s it, another couple of weeks and I’ll be going solo – I will still be tracking and planning my meals and I will still be working out just as much and just as hard. I need to see if I can keep up the momentum all by myself, I believe I can! That’s all for today, I’ll check back soon
I've certainly come a long way in 6 months - what will 6 more bring?

No comments:

Post a Comment