Saturday 2 March 2013

Back on the Wagon

 

Wow what a busy week, and a busy week doesn’t make for a good weight loss. Thursday I was out for dinner with friends, they chose to go to the WORST option for me....Indian! I pre planned my meal & stuck to my guns ordering only what I had planned on ordering. Also in a world first for me dining in an Indian restaurant – I did not finish my meal! I knew I had enough so I stopped eating.

Day 2 of disaster....Soundwave, an awesome day of music and sun but not so user friendly for those watching their food intake. I didn’t do too badly as I had packed snacks. I had 2 sushi rolls for lunch and 2 steamed pork buns for dinner. The problems came on the way home from the festival. Tired and hungry and in desperate need of a toilet we pulled into McDonalds and disaster struck – I happily tucked into a cheeseburger and some chips. I could not drink the soft drink it tasted disgusting. Then the next day I felt hungover. I did not drink any alcohol and I drank plenty of water. The only thing I can think of is that bloody cheeseburger. Note to self: do not eat the crap food no matter how hungry; you will feel crap the next day!

Day 3 – Saturday. My husband Grandpa’s birthday and we head out for lunch. My food was probably not too bad. A steak with salad....but my girls had fish & chips and I did eat a few chips....and a potato cake. Back to their place for coffee and cake, I could’ve said no...But instead I sat there and had a small piece of birthday cake. Husband said to me later that it had really frustrated him that I said yes to the cake....I could’ve said NO, like he said I knew I’d had a bad few days and my brain clicked into old Sarah mode...’well you’ve written this week off already with the bad eating, what’s one more going to hurt?’ Well that’s it, no more! We had a 12WBT dinner to get straight back on track (even though I couldn’t be bothered cooking) and I am back to work today and back into routine. Old Sarah would’ve had said F$#K it might as well get take away for dinner too after the day I’ve just had, I probably would’ve kept going the next day too and started that vicious cycle all over again. Instead we got straight back into the groove with dinner and that has set me up to keep going
 
Now it seems I have eating under control (most of the time) so someone please turn on my love for exercise so I can up the Ante there and get fit too
This is what i need to Change

No comments:

Post a Comment