Wednesday 10 April 2013

Catching Up


My husband just reminded me a few days ago that it had been a long time between posts. I’m really not sure what to write about. Let me think back over the last few weeks and see what I can find....

I have been determined to start running so I decided that while at the gym I would ramp up the treadmill and do some running intervals. My first attempt saw me manage 1.5 mins of running between walks, I the next day I pushed to 2 mins, I think from there it went to 4mins then 7mins then I made it to my 1st goal of running for 10mins nonstop. Since then I haven’t made it back to the gym as hubby is on the road for work so I can’t get out of the house. But he is back tonight so I will head to gym after work tomorrow run my 10mins being as I now know I can do it and then in the coming weeks I will try to build on it. My Big running goal for now is to run 5km nonstop and participate in the local fun run that raises funds for the children’s ward at Geelong hospital. Last year I barely managed to run any of it, this year I am determined to run the whole thing! A friend of mine has a husband who just ran his first half marathon; he started much the same as me, not able to run at all then slowly building bit by bit to reach greater distances. Using you as inspiration Greg, I WILL get there :)

Next...I had my first gain on the scales since joining 12WBT – what can I blame for this??? Me! I really did come undone over Easter, there was bad food in the house and I ate it. Again I only have myself to blame for this as no one made me eat it I chose to eat it. My meals were still perfect I kept up my exercise but the snacking in-between meals was way out of control and as such this week’s weigh in recorded a 600gm gain. I cleared all the chocolate out of the house this week and reined in my snacking and I am pleased to announce that as of this morning the 600gms is already gone. So now I need to spend the rest of my week eating the way I should be eating and continuing with my exercise to record a great loss and be on my way to my end of round goal. What is my end of round goal??? To be back at the weight I was when I got married. We are now in week 9 of the program so with a little less than 3 weeks to go I am trying to shift 4kgs. A big ask but if I can’t get there I can hopefully get close

So the plan for the next few weeks is to put my head down, train as much as I can (thank you to my wonderful husband for managing our children while I escape to the gym) eat as clean as I can and in 3 weeks time do a super crazy happy dance coz the scales show 4kgs less than they do today :)

No comments:

Post a Comment