Friday 27 June 2014

Hubby is on the wagon!


Thought it was about time I check in with an update. On my last update I was writing in a diary, I’m not so much writing in that now but I am tracking everything through My Fitness Pal instead, I really haven’t had any down days so haven’t needed the diary to track my moods but I will definitely write in it when I need to if I’m having a bad day.


Week one is coming to an end and it really has been successful, here is a rundown of what the first week has bought me.


PREPARATION: Actually completed the fitness test the night before round 1 – I have NEVER done the fitness test before, hubby did it with me and in 4 weeks’ time we will redo it and see our improvements. I have also recorded my measurements so when the scales stop moving I can track success by cm’s. Putting my fitness test results into the 12WBT website it told me I should be in the intermediate program which I take as really positive news. I had signed up for intermediate so it’s great to see in black and white that where I am in my mind is right where I should be. The 1km time trial went well too, I was worried about the run and how my knee would hold up but I am very pleased to report that it didn’t give me any trouble at all and I came in under 7mins, woohoo!!! I’m happy to venture out in the coming weeks now and push the knee to 3 km, then 5km and work up to the 9km I’m signed up to run in September. 


PARTICIPATION: Hubby joined the gym!!! OMG!!! What The??? This man does not do gyms….. I am completely over the moon, he has gone to see my trainer twice now to have a run through of his new program and he has come home from his sessions feeling amazing and totally excited about it all, I am thrilled to have him so completely on board with me, it makes life so much easier. He has decided to turn it into a bit of a competition though, and he says it’s on like Donkey Kong & he’s going to win. I tell him it’s not a race, but whatever, it’s great to have someone else in the house focused on exercise and nutrition so on the days I CBF he’ll be right there to give me the boot up the arse I need


PROBLEM: What do we feed hubby for lunch? He is on the road, no microwave, no fridge and wants to be eating properly instead of buying his lunch every day. Put in a call to the bestie who is signed up this round too with a tradie partner also participating, HELP, what do we do for lunches????? Enter pre cut veggies to munch on with low cal dip (Tzatziki, Hummus) wraps and fruit. I took the same to work and OMG yummo! He loved it, I loved it and neither of us were hungry. I have also discovered rice cakes with tuna (he doesn’t do tuna) and due to having a fridge at work I also have yoghurt for snacks. 



PROGRESS: NOT a morning person, HATE getting up in the dark, wet, cold, early morning…. BUT I have done it 4 times this week and gone straight to gym for my morning workout, home for breakfast and all before the kids wake up, next week I’ll aim for 5 times but I’m happy to stick to 4-5 times per week rather than the 6 days prescribed by 12WBT, I figure it needs to fit your life and be easily maintainable if you are going to stick to something long after the program is finished. 6 days a week will not work for me and I say that’s OK




Results? Well in the first few days I dropped 1.6kg, in the last few days another 0.5kg and I’m hoping in the next few weeks I’ll be cemented back in the 70’s and will stay there this time. The ball is rolling, hubby and I just need to ensure we are there for each other and keeping it rolling. These new initiatives in our life must become habit so that it is just the way we live and we just do it without even thinking about it



For those of you along for the ride, hope your round has started strong and you have started seeing results, if not, keep at it and the results will come

1 comment:

  1. Great results Sarah!!!!! As for early mornings, I'm hearing you! But it shows that the work you've put in has given results. That's motivation enough to keep on doing it. Great idea for hubby to do the fitness test too, I might see if Mike will do it with me also. Although for him, it won't be about him, it will be a test to see if he's better than me! ha.

    Carol
    www.finding-carol.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete